Friday, May 11, 2007

Like a termite in a termite mound

They have just started a program here at work that forces us to change our network log on password. Now I know what your thinking, they are just doing this now???? Scott it is 2007!! I know it is a big company and change happens slow which supports my discussion. I spent 10 min yesterday and signed into the program to create my own new password; a password of my own choosing - with the mandatory mixture of numbers and letters. My point is from the first time I had to re-log on to my workstation to the most recent time, I just cannot break out of the habit of typing in my old password and realizing, the moment I hit the enter key, I have become a termite in the termite mound. Merely a worker siding creativity for compliance and redundancy; I am now scared! I always took great pride in being creative, a go-getter, passionate, driven and now I see I am loosing a lot of that edge that got me to where I am now. I need something refreshing - maybe a vacation in Vegas!

2 comments:

Raghuram (AJ) said...

I don't think typing your own password has anything to do with creativity, although, creating a password could be classified as one!

I believe there are few things that we are always used to the termite behavior...like brushing teeth...after a point of time, you probably can't get any more creative with brushing. With brushes...sure! ;-)

What matters is what you do after you type in the pwd...and am sure you are doing good about the post-pwd sessions.

Scott A said...

Congrats on being the first person to post a response on my blog, acutally that should be more of a thank you from me!

I am still shocked at how many times I catch myself typing in the old password and having to go back and type the new - it is somewhat scary. I am a creature of habit. You do put a nice spin on my thoughts using the brushing teeth example; I like it!